March 21, 2014

We have a 12 year old!

 I guess it is official.  Jaxson is growing up.  He's turned 12, he's in middle school, he plays tackle football and passes the sacrament and his shoe size is almost as big as Tony's.  I guess all these things mean he is growing up.  Except when I look at him (which is almost eye to eye now) I still see my sweet little Jaxson who loved trains and pirates and rockets and would swing for what seemed like hours.  And now he is giving talks in sacrament meeting.  When did this happen and is there a pause button?!?  He did great on his talk though.  It was about making good choices and he talked about his friend Tyler's choice to not play on a select baseball team because it meant Sunday games and he talked about how his football coach challenged them to not drink soda and how he hasn't had soda in 6 months because he wants to keep his body as healthy as possible.  I love this young man so much and I am so thankful for the good spirit he has been blessed with and for the good friends that have always surrounded him.  For his birthday, we went to Big Al's (seriously, they are starting to call us by our names) for bowling, dinner, and the arcade.  The birthday sundae was pretty impressive.



The week before Jaxson's birthday, we asked a few important people in Jaxson's life to write him a letter about their testimonies of the priesthood.  He got some amazing letters from his Uncle Tim, his grandpa, and Tony.  And I wrote one too.  He also went skiing and had some great conversations with our friend Bryce.  I am so thankful for the righteous influences Jaxson has in his life!  On the day that Jaxson was conferred the priesthood and ordained a Deacon, we had Grandpa and Grandma Webb, Uncle Jason, Uncle Tim, Aunt LeeAnn, and cousins Mike and Sam here to celebrate with him.  It is pretty awesome to now have two priesthood holders in our home!


The weekend before Jaxson entered the Young Men's program, he was 'kidnapped' by the other boys and taken to a special breakfast.  Jaxson thought it was great and can't wait to kidnap his friends that will be coming in after him.


No comments: