December 24, 2010

Traditions

One of our family's favorite Christmas traditions is to sleep under the Christmas tree one night in December. We also write letters to Santa that night and read Christmas books together. This year, Tony and I 'wised up' and brought out an air mattress. It might be cheating a little, but since Carson shared it with us and Kaisa ended up on a couch, we figured it all worked out OK. Jaxson's letter was very serious, stating exactly why he would like a basketball hoop for Christmas. He made a very good argument, talking about how it would help our family spend time together and would help his team. I don't know how Santa could refuse such powers of persuasion. Kaisa's letter to Santa was pretty indecisive. She actually wrote 3 before she decided (thankfully) on asking for an American Girl doll. Phew. Close one. Her letter was very fancy, with lots of pictures, hearts, and flowers. Carson just wants something big. That blasts. We'll have to see what Santa finds for him... I love having these family traditions (so much so that I would actually post pictures of myself w/o makeup -- yuck). And I'm glad our kids love them too. Some of our other favorites are watching Polar Express with homemade hot chocolate, buying milkshakes and judging neighborhood Christmas lights, making a gingerbread house, making pulla (a Finnish sweet bread), visiting the temple, and playing hide-and-go-seek with only the Christmas lights on. I love Christmas. Merry Christmas!!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Saville Family said...

Merry Christmas and have a Happy New Year, Campbells!

April Bishop said...

Fun times! Merry Christmas and I really like your Christmas Angel craft. Totally cute!