February 14, 2011

happy birthday raxjax

Yesterday Jaxson turned 9. Nine! Nueve. Crazy. I cannot believe he is halfway to adulthood. He told me that in six months he will be halfway to going on his mission. I mentioned this to someone at work and they said it was something to look forward to, but it makes me sad! I really love this kid and I don't want him to turn into a surly teenager! :) I love so many things about him: I love how he always tries to do his best, I love how he cares about other peoples feelings, I love that he is responsible, I love how when he has a bad day I can find him in his room reading his scriptures, I love how he cheers his friends on even though he is really competitive, I love how he protects Carson and Kaisa, and I love his goofy sense of humor.

Jaxson had a GREAT birthday--although I will never have the pictures to prove it. Tony was in charge of taking pictures and this will not happen again. :) Jaxson had a 'hockey party' with his four closest friends: Tyler, Dalin, Andrew, and Ethan. Tony surprised the boys by taking them to watch a 'real' hockey game. Jaxson absolutely loved it and I think all the boys had a really fun time. I so wish I had a group shot of these cute young men! Oh well.



This is a copy of the card that Kaisa made Jaxson for his birthday. I just thought it was too cute. The best part was she had the picture of the two of them in this little orange planner that she calls her journal. She carries it around with her a lot (especially if she is currently pretending to be a school teacher or a doctor) and I didn't realize that she had this picture of them in it this whole time. I think it was a bit of a sacrifice to give it away.

No comments: